Sigma Thermal Automation offers comprehensive and cost effective solutions to complex industrial challenges.
Our experienced engineers, designers, programmers and fabricators work together to execute all project specifications and requirements.
Burner Management & Combustion Control Systems
Sigma Thermal offers several Burner Management Systems (BMS) and Combustion Control Systems (CCS) to meet a wide range of customer requirements and environmental conditions. These solutions range from low-cost microprocessor based systems to complex Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) using a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC).
BMS and CCS systems are provided for maximum safety and reliability while maintaining a simple and cost effective design. Our systems provide safe and efficient operation of fuel fired process heaters without the need for constant operator attention.
Products and Services
Combustion Control Upgrades & Retrofits
Stringent air quality standards have been imposed on industrial manufacturers and facilities to reduce existing emission rates. Combustion Control System upgrades provide cost effective results that satisfy emission requirements. Sigma’s upgrade and retrofit solutions are fairly inexpensive and simple to implement and offer years of cost saving benefits.
- High Turndown Burners & Fuel Trains
- Fuel Air Ratio Control (F.A.R.C.) Logic
- Oxygen or Fuel Trim Systems
- Draft Control »Sequence Control
- Control System Modifications
- Engineering Studies
- Emissions Control Systems
Basic Process Control Systems (BPCS)
The Basic Process Control Systems are responsible for maintaining the normal operations of a plant and in many instances is used in the first layer of protection against unsafe conditions. Our BPCS are designed and built to meet industrial challenges with equipment operation and control. These systems address particular performance and economic improvement opportunities such as:
- Optimizing plant operation to produce good quality products.
- Providing the first layer of protection against unsafe conditions.
- Controlling a process within preset operating conditions.
- Providing operator interface for monitoring & control HMI.
- Providing alarm/event logging and trending.
- Generating production data reports.
Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) are engineered to perform specific control functions to fail safe or maintain safe operation of a process when unacceptable or dangerous conditions occur. Safety instrumented systems are engineered by Sigma Thermal to reduce risk and achieve a risk based level of safety and performance. These solutions include:
Electrical Engineering & Design
Our electrical engineering group provides expert analysis, design, fabrication and integration to meet all project requirements. Sigma engineers, designers, programmers and fabricators work together to support the following project activities:
- Preliminary Engineering & Documentation
- Drafting & Design
- PLC & HMI Programming
- Hardware & Software Specification
- Network Design & Configuration
- Alarm/Event Logging and Trending
- Panel Fabrication and Testing (UL Certified)
Field Programming Support
Field service support is offered for new and existing installations. Our technicians provide premium services that include:
- Firmware Upgrades & System Configuration
- Process Tuning, Optimization & Validation
- Network Configuration & Setup
- Programming & Troubleshooting
- Commissioning & Training
Certifications and Compliance
ISO 9001:2008 Certified
US and International Certified Hardware (CE, UL, FM, CSA, ANSI, ATEX, IEC, etc.)
US and International Compliant System Design (CE, FM, NFPA, and CSA, IEC, ISA,API, SIL)